Motor Vehicle Accidents

Bike and Bicycle Accidents

Bike and Bicycle Accidents

If you hurt yourself on the road cycling to work, for leisure or just because, you will have entitlements through the TAC.

If you collide with a moving vehicle or even a parked car, you should make a claim with the TAC. You may also be entitled to compensation if you had to take evasive action if a car suddenly changed lanes or did not see you.

What can you claim if you have been in a cycling accident?

If you have been injured in a transport or road accident riding your bike, you may be able to claim the following:

  • Medical treatment expenses
  • Lost wages and potential loss of earnings including superannuation
  • Impairment Lump Sum Benefit
  • Common Law Damages for your pain and suffering and/or economic loss

Medical Treatment Expenses Include:

  • Ambulance costs
  • Hospital admission fees
  • Hospital expenses
  • Surgery costs
  • GP appointments
  • Rehabilitation expenses
  • Cost of physios, chiros and osteos
  • Physical therapies including allied health services
  • Medication costs
  • Radiology scan costs including MRIs, ultrasounds and x-rays
  • Cost of injections
  • Personal ancillary services such as home assistance or home help including gardening, cleaning, childcare support
  • Equipment aids including crutches, walking aids, shower stools
  • Travel expenses, travelling to and from medical appointments

Contact us today, and start with a free consultation by clicking “Make a Booking” to receive our preliminary expert advice.  

Key Contact .

Jonathan Coyle
Founding Partner
Tony Chow